The Dallas Arts District's Fall Block Party is set to kick-off tonight at 6pm and is expected to draw an expected 20K - 25K+ people. The Block Party will fall between all of the Arts District buildings (Wyly, Meyerson, Winspear, DMA, Nasher and Crow) from 6pm - Midnight.
One Arts Plaza will be celebrating all night long as well. Here’s what to expect from One Arts:
- Hunter Sullivan Band will perform from 6:30pm - 10:30pm.
- Large Chess Board in the Plaza along with some other fun activities
- Jorge’s Arts Rita, Craft Cocktails at P+P, and Japanese Soba at Tei-An
- The Show of Hands will take place with famed photographer Maxine Helfman in association with Booker T Washington students
- SculptCAD Rapid Artists exhibit is on display in the lobby
- Art vendors on-site in the plaza as well
Also in the Dallas Arts District, Rocky Horror Picture Show opens at the Wyly Theater at 8pm, Youssou N’Dour will be in concert at the Winspear at 8pm, and the Dallas Black Dance Theater presents DANCEAFRICA at the Montgomery Arts Center at Booker T with the show starting at 7:30pm. And don't forget to visit the DMA, Nasher, and Crow museums for their monthly, 3rd Friday, Midnight at the Museum series; activities will take place on the opposite end of the District at the DMA with talks, crafts etc, the Nasher will provide music with Goodnight Ned and the movie The Great Gatsby, and the Crow will also provide fun crafts and activities for the whole family. All of the museums will offer free tours until midnight!